How do I get information about cases at London Tribunals?

All appeals sent to the parking or road user charging adjudicators are entered into a statutory register as required by the Road Traffic (Parking Adjudicators) (London) Regulations 1993 (as amended), the Schedule to The Civil Enforcement of Road Traffic Contraventions (Representations and Appeals) (England) Regulations 2022 and the Road User Charging (Enforcement and Adjudication) (London) Regulations 2001 (as amended). See our regulations page for links to these.

The register gives details of the appellant, vehicle, local authority and Penalty Charge Notice number(s) involved in each case, as well as the date the appeal was registered and full details of any decision made.

The register is kept in electronic format and can be searched under various criteria.

It is open to public inspection, free of charge, at the Hearing Centre.

How do I get a copy of a decision?

A certified copy of any entry on the statutory register can be provided by London Tribunals staff on request, or an entry can be accessed on-line (see above) and printed on a local printer.

In addition, a number of decisions which deal with key issues in depth are reproduced on this website in the key cases sections (Environment and Traffic Adjudicators or Road User Charging Adjudicators). The parking key cases area of the site can be searched either by reference to a particular case, decision date or by subject area (e.g. ‘mandatory details on a PCN’). Please note that adjudicators are not bound by each other's decisions.

How do I get a transcript of a hearing of a case?

All personal appeal hearings are audio recorded.

If you wish to obtain a transcript of your hearing (for the purpose of a subsequent court hearing, for example), you will need to put the request in writing, with reasons.

Requests are considered by the chief environment and traffic adjudicator (for parking, bus lane, environment, moving traffic, DVS and lorry control cases) or chief road user charging adjudicator (for congestion charging, low emission and ultra low emission cases).

If the chief adjudicator authorises production of the transcript, you must pay the cost of the preparation of the transcript in advance, which we normally have prepared by a court transcribing service. We will provide an estimate of the cost first.

Please note that parties may request a typed transcript of the recording of a hearing and are not entitled to a copy of the audio recording itself. Please note that audio recordings are deleted after three months.

What other information can I get from London Tribunals?

The adjudicators (via London Tribunals) publish annual reports, which include statistics. These are available on this web site together with other information about the service and its procedures.

Printed copies of the adjudicators’ annual reports can also be obtained on request from London Councils staff.

Can I get information from London Councils under the Freedom of Information Act 2000?

It depends. Like all courts and tribunals, any information relating to judicial decisions taken by, and/or held on behalf of the Environment and Traffic Adjudicators or the Road User Charging Adjudicators are exempt from the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

However, any documents created by or for use by the administrative staff of London Tribunals, or held otherwise than on behalf of the adjudicators is potentially available under the Freedom of Information Act.

Requests for Information can be made to


Establishment and provision of the appeals service

Enquiries about the establishment and provision of the appeals service by London Councils can be made to that organisation at the following address:

London Councils
59½ Southwark Street
Tel: 020 7934 9999
Fax: 020 7934 9991

London Councils' Freedom of Information officer can be contacted via their web site

It is important to remember that London Councils is not responsible for the procedures or decisions of the tribunals.

Further information about the Freedom of Information Act can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website